Thursday, January 24, 2008

Through the years...

Last week, I gathered with many other fabulous women of all ages at Jayne Marie’s to celebrate the centennial anniversary of our sorority, Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority Inc.






It’s hard to believe it’s been 10 years since I pledged at Dillard University.(Yes, that's me nearly 10 years ago in the pic below.) Those days were filled with hard work, lifelong friendships and lots of fun.








And when you can stick around for 100 years, it’s just cause to celebrate, especially when it’s the first and oldest sorority founded for black women.
So, let me take a moment to send out a few birthday wishes to my lovely sorors of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority: Happy 100 years. Happy 70 years to the Dillard University chapter and happy 10 years to my line sisters. Skee-wee my sorors.

No comments: