Sunday, January 27, 2008

Trying something new

No, I’m not into hockey. I can’t even really say that I’m into any sport. But for some reason I’ve been wanting to go to a Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs game.

I guess with the bar and club scene getting old and the allergy I have to actually playing a sport, I’ve been looking for some new things to do.

I briefly mentioned my curiosity about the local team and the hockey game experience to the boyfriend so he got us some tickets for Saturday’s game.

Being the girl that I am I wondered what to wear, if it would be too cold and if I’d be able to keep up with the game.

Yea, none of that mattered.

I won’t say I’m a hockey fan now, but I really did enjoy the experience.

I liked throwing the plastic mudbugs on the ice the two times the team scored and I enjoyed my wimpy attempts at landing a puck on a tiny, circular mat in the middle of the rink during halftime.

The chants and screams of hatred from true hockey fans really amused me and made me wish I could get that passionate about any team.

(Shouts out to Eric Benbrooks whose enthusiasm and heckling kept me laughing through the entire game. Lol.)

Next up: A Battlewings game.

No comments: