Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Holy cow! Emmylou's coming to the Revel!


In case you couldn't tell, I'm pumped. I love Emmylou Harris -- an awesome songwriter with a one-of-a-kind voice. To me, she is one of the most exciting creative geniuses around.

And she's coming to Shreveport. There are several inks to her recordings with Stephanie's article today. I admit I didn't start diggin' her until about 2000, but anything I've heard her do is usually a knock out.

I've been lucky enough to catch her twice: once at Jazz Fest and later at a stop in Chicago with Elvis Costello. Both times she was excellent. You have to appreciate someone who has no trouble coming up with her own musical masterpieces but can play a tourmate's songs like they are her own.

Be prepared to be in the presence of greatness. I can't wait!

2 comments:

Ashley Northington said...

Am I the only person who isn't that excited?

Adam Kealoha Causey said...

You clearly need to branch out in your musical tastes, Ashley. Get excited!