Thursday, March 06, 2008

Got jokes?

I love playing jokes on my family and friends.
I think it’s something about the thrill of seeing their reactions and the complete shock on their faces when they realize what’s really going on.

My younger sister is always one of my biggest targets. I remember when we were younger. She’s always been a heavy sleeper, so sometimes I’d wait till she would get deep into one of her afternoon naps and right when she was in mid-snore, I’d frantically shake her awake like the house was on fire, yelling, “Hurry up! It’s time to get to school! You’re running late! Hurry!”

It would take everything to keep me from laughing as I’d watch her jump up, dazed and confused, blindly rushing to the bathroom to start the shower before I’d say “I’m just playing girl!” Boy, she would get so mad and chew my head off, but by then, I was usually falling on the floor laughing at the whole thing.

I thought about that and other such memories when I read about how Ashton Kutcher will take Punk’d to a whole ‘nother level with yet another reality show. However, this new show, Pop Fiction, will target another group celebs love to hate – the paparazzi.

On one hand, it sounds like a very clever way for celebs to poke fun at the very folks who scrutinize their every move. On the other hand, it seems kinda silly since some of these very celebs tend to use the media just to get public scrutiny and attention anyway. Thoughts anyone?
Meanwhile, what’s the best practical joke you’ve ever played on someone? Or what was the best practical joke ever played on you?

1 comment:

Adam Kealoha Causey said...

My brother and sister and I loved scaring each other so much that we took it a little too far in public a few times. When the baby, as we call him, was probably 4 or 5, he was waiting outside a women's restroom in a store for our mom and sister to come out. He thought he would be funny and jump out and spook them. But instead, he jumped too early and scared some poor lady we didn't know. I'm sure she was thinking somebody needed to get their bad kid under control. Man, we did laugh, though.