Friday, September 14, 2007

Be true to your school, party animals

My parents and grandmother will probably want to disown me, but I'm going be shameless anyway.

All you LSU students and grads out there who partied your way through school need to give credit where it's due: in a party school tournament.

It's special for two reasons.

First, It's more than just a poll because each college is pitted against another instead of it being a free-for-all. You have to push your school through.

Second, RedEye (the young reader edition of the Chicago Tribune) is behind the tourney. I was an intern there as a college student, so I know hip when I see it.

Go on to the Web site and vote, now. Contrary to university administrators' hatred for these sort of rankings, I think it actually helps draw well rounded young adults. You can learn anywhere you put your mind to it. But you can't have the time of your life without the right atmosphere. And that is fully available in good ole Baton Rouge.

Besides, you wouldn't want the University of Wisconsin to win, right?

And if you happen to say something about this blog to my mom and dad or granny, remind them I had a blast at LSU but also finished with a 3.5 GPA and a special notation on my diploma from the Honors College.

No comments: