Sunday, October 21, 2007

Moms. Gotta love 'em.

My mom came to visit this week for a little bit of peace and relaxation, meanwhile sending me back 10 years and thousands of miles to Alexandria, Va.

When I would come home from work my bed would be made, the kitchen cleaned, a fresh garbage bag in the trash can.

One day she even gave me lunch money!

Don't get me wrong, I love being around my mom and always miss her. This is the farthest I've been from home and the longest I've gone without seeing her.

I went through that whole phase where I wanted to be very independent and didn't want my mother's help for anything. And, unfortunately, I'm not talking about the Terrible Two's. It was more like the early Troubled Twenties.

But an old journalism professor advised me to enjoy it while I can and let her help me, because it could also be helping her. (I guess he was referring to some kind of empty nest syndrome or something.)

So I look at it that way. Most of my friends call me spoiled, but I consider it helping my mother. Lol.

But on a serious note, moms are awesome - especially mine. It's nice to know I can throw my fits and try my hardest to be a successful adult, but she'll always be there to help me when I need it. (And some times when I think I don't.)

1 comment:

Adam Kealoha Causey said...

Hey, that's exactly what "Brothers and Sisters" was about last night! Haha. Glad your mom came to visit and that I got to meet her.