Monday, July 23, 2007

Let me upgrade you...

I’m so excited because today I’m going to have yet ANOTHER gadget to add to my collection of new gadgets for the year – a smartphone.

I swear I wasn’t trying to make this purchase for at least another couple of months since I figured it would be up for a discount upgrade by then.

However, when my Nokia 6102 broke into two for only the thousandth time since I got almost two years ago, I knew it was time.

And really I still would have tried to hold out till November, two-piece phone and all, if the light hadn’t gone out in my phone when I dropped it that last time.

I mean I could take the crackling, bone-crushing sound that it made every time I flipped my phone open. I could even take the fact that the phone had pretty much become “double-jointed,” bending backwards or sometimes crumbling into pieces as I talked on it.

And though it infuriated me every single time, I’d long accepted the sudden dropped calls, frozen screens and just flat out lost calls I never received thanks to the mechanics of that dandy flip phone.
But when I can’t even see the phone screen after 7 p.m., I think it’s time to bite the bullet and upgrade, discount or not.

Anyway, while I seriously considered dumping the Cingular-turned-AT&T service completely, I just opted for a new phone instead.

Fortunately, it turned out I was eligible for the equipment updgrade discount too. I guess the Cingular/AT&T gods must have sensed the urgency of my situation.

Since the technological capabilities of Apple's iPhone kinda scares me for some reason - but I still wanted a phone that could help me organize my life - I chose the Samsung Blackjack instead.
Figured I’d better ease into this so-called advanced cell phone technology thing slowly.
(Here's the before and after. What do you think?)

So we’ll see, but just to be on the safe side, I’m thinking I better get cell phone insurance this time.

3 comments:

Ashley Northington said...

I am so excited for you, Donecia! Let me see your phone, please. But, be careful, I may try to steal it.

Barry Ingram said...

I had a similar experience - went from a bare bones LG to a Treo. Love it. Loooooovvee it. I think you will, too.

Donecia Pea said...

-Lol, OK Ash, I'll know where to look first when it goes missing!

-Wow from the LG to the Treo huh bigmoneygrip? Sounds like you definitely know my struggle!
Thanks for the well wishes. I sure hope I feel the same about this Blackjack because I canNOT go through the drama I went through with that Nokia flip phone! Worst phone experience out of all the phones I've ever had.