Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Essence Fest '07

Ok, I know I can yap and yap alot, so I'ma try really hard to recap Essence Fest '07 through pics with short captions! Here goes...

Inside the Convention Center by day:


R&B singer Bobby Valentino peforms at the McDonald's stage inside the Convention Center (below):

My lovely young sorors from the LSU chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority Inc. performing on the Chevy stage at the Convention Center:


Me re-learning how to the bus stop at the Coca Cola stage:
Concerts in the superdome by night:

A few of the performers who rocked the Dome:

Chris Brown, Beyonce and Mary J. Blige (Remember, I'm NOT a professional photographer!)



Below, rapper Common jams in the super lounge...(I LOVE YOU COMMON!)


The vendors along Poydras....

And a few scenes of post-Katrina New Orleans:

3 comments:

Adam Kealoha Causey said...

Got a clearer pic of Beyonce? ;)

Donecia Pea said...

Nope, sorry my extremely amateur photographer skills were SEVERELY limited inside that Superdome! lol.

Adam Kealoha Causey said...

Oh, I still feel the essence of it and everything.