Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Catch the eclipse?

It was a little overcast tonight, but if you were patient the clouds would blow by in time for you to catch a glimpse of the lunar eclipse.

To my naked eye it looked white with a shadow creeping over. But my camera gave it a reddish tent, which was a lot cooler.

Here is an example of my somewhat lame attempts at catching it in a photo. I don’t have a tripod and was trying to hold my breath and prop my elbows on top of my car. I also tried to use a long exposure. You can see I moved a little bit with that second moon sort of forming on the right side.

Plus I was standing, say, 240,000 miles away from the object in view.

Did anyone get a good view or shots of the moon?

5 comments:

Stephanie Netherton said...

No, but I think they should have aligned the 25th anniversary release of "Thriller" with the eclipse. Why not?

Your moon picture and the current face of Michael Jackson are equally creepy!

Anonymous said...

Adam, Ricky was in Georgia and watched the eclipse in a clear sky!
He told me each move and color that the moon made it was kinda nice just picturing it in my mind through his words. I just thought I'd share this with you. R.Rivera

Anonymous said...

Now I have to wait three more years to really see it and hope the clouds don't get in my way again. I don't think I could have driven all the way to Georgia in time to see it; but I wish I could have been with Ricky!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, it was a total eclipse of the heart...total eclipse of the heart

Anita Dick

Adam Kealoha Causey said...

Is that Rose or Ray? Thanks for the comment! What was Ricky doing in Georgia?

And Anita... hmmm...

A Times photographer sent me a way better photo of the eclipse... what a showoff.