Thursday, February 07, 2008

Dallas, the city of....love?

I’m going to try really, REALLY hard not to talk about the election since we’ve been talking about it all week on here, even if it is the only thing my friends have basically been talking about all week…(Is it just my friends and me, or was Super Duper Tuesday as exciting as…well…the Super Bowl?!)

Anyway, I know we’ve talked about shacking on here before but I ran across this story and thought it was worth sharing since they're talking about our age group and all.

Forbes magazine basically did a survey on the best cities for couples ages 20 to 34...unmarried, cohabiting couples, that is. (Apparently, cohabitating couples are a growing demographic among folks ages 20 to 34.)

And get this, Dallas topped the list. Who knew? Three other Texas cities landed in the top 10 as well – Houston, Austin and San Antonio…

Meanwhile, places like Cleveland, Ohio; Providence, Rhode Island and even Miami, Fla. hovered at the bottom of the list.

Now, in all fairness to our great city of Shreveport *coughs* they only selected the country’s largest 40 metropolitan areas for this study. Otherwise, I’m sure we woulda made the cut *coughs again.*

But anyway, what do you y’all think? Could the city of luuuuuuuuuvvvv really be right next door? I’ve never actually thought about it like that...Do you agree with their list? Do you know of some places they didn't include?

No comments: