Thursday, April 05, 2007

"And they said it wouldn't last!" and I guess they were right...

Well, I guess it’s official. The train wreck or ghetto love affair – depending on how you look at it – formerly known as Bobby and Whitney has ended and I must admit I never thought I’d see the day.

I mean when she raised that hand, showcasing that rock on her finger to the camera in various interviews throughout their marriage and declared: “And they said it wouldn’t last!” I really started to believe her.
When they let us take a peek into the insanity known as their marriage on “Being Bobby Brown” I actually started to think “Hey these folks are so crazy they HAVE to be meant for each other. I mean who else could live and function in such insanity day in and day out?”

I’ll never forget their impromptu dance routine in a parking lot somewhere in Atlanta where they broke it DOWN as only they could, lip synching, pop-locking and such to the Black-Eyed Peas hit “Shut Up.”

I swear they seemed in tune, entangled in what appeared to be a blend of drug-induced highs, craziness and just plain ol’ ghetto foolishness that only they could understand. I mean, if it weren't for their union, we might not have had classic lines like "Crack is wack." and so on ...

And I mean who would confess on national television that they ahem, how shall I put this, “assisted” their spouse in excretory functions?
Come on y’all, either that was love or … well … a blend of drug-induced highs, craziness and just plain ol’ ghetto foolishness.

And apparently it was something closer to the latter.

Oh well, while the timing couldn’t be more perfect for Whitney as she prepares for what folks are speculating to be a huge comeback, I’m hoping the biggest benefactor of this dissolved union will be 14-year-old Bobbi Kristina.

It seems homegirl’s been through enough already and I just knew she was a scandalous autobiography waiting to happen, but maybe this will be a new, positive chapter for her as well.

Bless her heart.

1 comment:

Janelle Rucker said...

Man DP, the quote you forgot was "Oh Hell-to-the-naw!"
But I'm with you...I never thought it would end. They were just so deep into it. I will admit though, while I didn't THINK it would end, I knew it NEEDED to end. I was tired of her being the butt of many people's jokes, so I'm sure she was done. Now it's time for her to get back to being the Whitney we all knew and loved.