Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Blown away....

Today's my day to blog.

But I just looked at Cho Seung-Hui's video to NBC headquarters.

I can not process my thoughts.

Maybe I shouldn't even be writing but its my turn.

A part of me feels sorry for him. He was obviously dealing with some demons that he couldn't handle appropriately. His anti-rich diatribe makes me feel sorry for his dry-cleaning store-working parents who probably worked hard to maintain life in their Washington suburb.

I feel bad that Cho felt it was necessary to cause this magnitude of pain to absolve his own.

But another part of me is upset...so upset I can't even begin to articulate my feelings. He didn't have to kill and injure all those people.

I can not even believe he had the audacity to compare his dying to Jesus, as if someone crucified him. He killed himself, no one murdered him.

A part of me thinks he's slightly arrogant. He took the time to mail his half-baked reasoning to a national news corporation. His intentions were clear: he wanted to make headlines. He wanted to be known. He likened himself to a martyr...

I've been quiet on this blog for the past couple of days. I'm just overwhelmed.

No comments: