Sunday, April 06, 2008

It's never easy


Having recently dealt with a death in my family, I've heard a lot of people tell me dealing with it is never easy. Even when it is common, I think that's true. I've been to a lot of funerals and sat with a lot of families during times like these, and none are ever quite the same. And I'm never totally prepared to accept that someone is gone.

So I know the family and friends of Ethan Powell are struggling now. So many people throughout the country and even outsides its borders cared about this child who died Saturday from leukemia.

I first learned about him because he went to a daycare center my mother used to run. She just got back from a trip to Europe, and I hated to tell her Ethan had passed. I even posted a blog almost a year ago when Noel Methodist Church hosted one of a couple bone marrow testing sites.

People wanted him to pull through.

Obviously his story will live on. From what his dad has posted, Ethan's parents will work to help find a cure for other children. That is noble tribute.

No comments: