Tuesday, January 30, 2007

The young professionals showed up

But there wasn't really enough time to socialize at last night's Northwest Louisiana Young Professionals get together last night with Shreveport Mayor Cedric Glover and City Councilmen Calvin Lester and Bryan Wooley. I have to say I was impressed with the turnout of about 60. Most were looking pretty young and professional, and the view and food at Petroleum Club (we were on the 15th floor at Mid South Towers) is almost never bad. I was particularly digging these fried mushrooms they had.

I admit I was about 10 minutes late -- the event started at 6 p.m. -- but the panel was going by 6:20, and when they were done at 7:30 everyone sort of got up and walked out! Some chatted with the speakers, but I expected more inter-young-pro talking.

So here's a photo to prove a few of us bloggers went. Maybe we'll get to hang out with a few other hip young people at the next meeting.

(Yeah, here we are. And I look like a dork with my nametag still on. The others took theirs off... and forget to tell me to, I guess. Thanks to Amanda -- a young professional -- for taking the photo.)

1 comment:

Donecia Pea said...

Don't feel like a dork Adam. I still had mine on, it was just on the other side, lol. At least you didn't forget you had it on and wear it for the rest of the night even after you left the event (like I did) - Now that's a dork.