Thursday, November 02, 2006

Would you live at a 666 address?

The address gods must really frown on such things.

My reason for asking is sort of cheating, I guess. I just came across a 6666 address on a Shreveport street. A co-worker tells me the fourth 6 probably cancels out the evil powers of the other three.

I realize home owners probably don't get to pick the actual digits in their address, but I think I'd have to look on another street or beg the city to renumber my plot.

Either way, the multitude of 6s is just kind of creepy.

Why do I even care? I suppose because when I was little, my family's P.O. box was 777, and I thought that was so cool. But any address (especially a lucky one like that) would be better than any combo of the triple 6!

5 comments:

Diane Libro said...

the last four digits of my phone number are 6066, which I always thought was funny for a religion reporter...

Anonymous said...

A friend of mine once had a license plate that ended in 666. We made a lot of jokes about it, especially since she nicknamed the car Damien. Which is just as well - everyone probably thought she was the devil anyway, seeing that she was a liberal Jew from Chicago living in the South...

Donecia Pea said...

"Liberal Jew from Chicago living in the South" Ha! I LOVE it! Yeah I definitely couldn't live at a 666 address. Just reading that gave me the willies! lol.

Pablo Medina Cofré said...

I'm from Chile and I live in a little town called Angol. There's a family who live at 666 Puren st, and the devil is not a relative of them.

It's just superstition!!, and it seems people in U.S. believe a lot in those stuffs.

For example, when i was living in Washington D.C. I noticed buildings doesn't have 13° floor... It's insane!!

In conclussion, I'd live at a 666 address.

Bye

Anonymous said...

Who picks the number for a street address? And are certain numbers omitted, like in buildings and the 13th floor?